Francisco Aninat focuses his practice on the resolution of complex business disputes. His extensive experience solving conflicts combined with his economic background provide for effective and business-oriented solutions. When it comes to litigation and arbitration, Mr. Aninat advises clients before local and foreign courts, as well before domestic and international arbitration panels. His experience spans the energy, financial, construction, concessions, and technology sectors.
- En Chile se ha desempeñado como litigante en los estudios Barros, Court & Correa, y Aninat & Cía.
- Before joining Bofill Escobar Silva, Abogados, Mr. Aninat worked for four years at Jones Day’s Global Disputes area of practice in Washington D.C., and as a fellow in economic and financial regulation at the World Bank’s CGAP. Before that, he worked at Barros, Court & Correa, and Aninat & Cía.
- University of Chicago, Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Universidad de Chile, LL.B.
- Universidad de Chile, Diploma in Economics and Finance for Attorneys.
- Professor of Business Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibañez (2014)
- Mr. Aninat has been a speaker in multiple conferences on international law and dispute resolution matters, including: conferences of the American Bar Association, International Law Section (Miami, September 2012, and London, November 2013), the Peruvian Institute of Arbitration, and the Chilean Society of Private International Law.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association
- Member of the Roster of Arbitrators of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago (CAM Santiago); Member of the roster of Arbitrators, Court of Appeals of Santiago, Chile (2019 and 2020); ICC Chile.
- Member of the Chilean Society of Construction Law.
- Mr. Aninat has authored several publications on dispute resolution matters, including: «Recognition and enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Chile» (2012, 2016), «Disparate Treatment Of the Corporate Citizen: Stark Differences Across Borders In Multinational Lawsuits» (2014), «Litigation, Chilean Chapter » (2020).
- Su experiencia en resolución de conflictos ha sido destacada en Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal, Leader’s League y Best Lawyers.